How to Request Various Types of Certificates

1. Certificate of Graduation or Course Completion and Academic Transcript

To submit your request, please visit the Student Affairs Office of the Graduate School and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, or send your request to the office by postal mail. We do not accept requests by telephone, fax, or e-mail. Furthermore, we only accept requests from the person to whom the document relates.


[Requests by Mail]
Please send your request by postal mail, indicating the following information and enclosing a self-addressed stamped envelope (with your full name, address and zip code).

  1. Name
  2. Date of birth
  3. Year and month of enrollment; year and month of graduation (course completion)
  4. Division/Department
  5. Name of document required
  6. Number of copies required
  7. Language (indicate Japanese or English). If you would like a document in English, please also type your name using the Roman alphabet.
  8. To whom you will submit the document and for what purpose
  9. Contact information (daytime phone number and e-mail address)

* The return envelope must be 120mm ~ 235mm (JIS Chou #3) in size. Please attach an 84-yen stamp to mail each copy of the certificate of graduation / academic transcript (in Japanese).


For overseas destinations, please refer to the list of international mail rates at the link below.



If you live abroad where Japanese stamps are unavailable, please enclose as many international postal reply coupons as necessary for delivery by Express Mail Service [EMS] (one coupon is equivalent to about 130 yen).


  • Academic transcripts are always sealed in stamped envelopes. Please provide special instructions if you need any other document sealed in a stamped envelope.
  • Upon receipt of your request by mail, we dispatch Japanese copies in three business days and English copies in ten business days.
  • The certificates are issued free of charge.
  • For further inquiries, please contact us at +81-75-753-4514 (or +81-75-753-4504).

Address: Student Affairs Office, Graduate School and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University,
Yoshida Shimoadachi-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501 JAPAN

2. Certificate of Master’s or Doctoral Degree Conferment

To request a certificate of degree conferment (master’s, professional doctoral, or doctoral degree),
please see http://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/education/campus/procedure/certificate.htm/.

For further inquiries, please contact the Educational Planning Division (Student Affairs Department) at +81-75-753-2549 (or +81-75-753-2499).