Special Selection for Privately Financed International Students
The Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Kyoto University conducts the special selection for privately financed international students.
Division of Sciences for Pharmaceutical Sciences (4-year program): limited number*
* There may not be any successful applicant, depending on exam scores, etc.
* Division of Pharmacy (6-year program) does not recruit international students with this exam.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria.
- Those who hold foreign nationalities and who hold the residence status of “Student” (Ryugaku) or who can obtain the residence status of “Student” (Ryugaku) at the time of enrollment.
- Those who have completed a 12-year curriculum of school education abroad, or those who are recognized by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in Japan as the equivalent to those who have completed a 12-year curriculum of school education abroad.
- Those who have taken the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) held in June 1 year before the admission, which is administered by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), and who have scored higher than average marks in each subject of Japanese as a Foreign Language, Science (select two subjects from sciences) and mathematics (Course 2). The language used for science and mathematics exams must be Japanese.
- Those who have scored higher than 90 in total with TOEFL-iBT.
With regard to the eligibility requirement (2), preliminary eligibility screening will be conducted prior to the filing of an application. Those who have received education in Japanese schools may not be eligible for application.
Please refer to the Japanese webpage for more information. (available only in Japanese)